Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finally closed one out

So yeah, I fucked up Sunday. While Jay blew me up on the phone (God knows why since I only answer for business) I was enjoying myXanax induced sleep. For those who haven't taken it it's pretty decent and produces some of the most peaceful sleep ever. No wonder they use it to keep people from offing themselves. I awoke @ 2:54 with 6 minutes to spare to register for the Poker.com Winter Championship Event and win myself an Aussie Millions seat for next year. Unfortunately as I'm moving my mouse over to register it blackens out because they close registration @ 2:55 and don't let you register for an event that big the night before. I'm a jackass.

I continued on by playing the Bugsy's Club 10k Gaurantee. It's a 50+5 that usually gets about 2500 in overlay and has an excellent format. 10k starting chips and 25/50 blinds and eventually antes get added into the structure where they actually count unlike PS where they're insignficant. The structure is very close to that of the WSOP main event which allows for some practice in the structure and allows for plently of play and a sizable edge for the good player. First place pays 3k though I got 5th for a paltry $600. It's true only one person walks away happy from a tournament. It's a smaller site that's been around for a few years but traffic is on the low side and the buttons on backwards (raise is on the left side and fold is on the right) which caused me to misclick my tourney away the first two times I played but not a bad site.

I finished off the day playing the HORSE tournies on PS and FTP and I played pretty inspired. Made a lot of good reads and some real thin value bets especially in while playing Razz which is a game I've never been able to do so in. I always played very straight forward in it and gave people a lot of credit for having a big hand. Only play I really didn't care for is getting in with split Jacks against what was obviously split Kings to go out 22nd in the Stars. I also missed a bet the hand before against the same person but these things happen. I clenched the W on FullTilt though and pocketed 6660. Nothing exciting really happened that I can recall regarding play but 3 handed the person in 2nd had nearly equal chips to me as with 3rd place seriously short stacked and asked about chopping. I don't chop so I said yes if he wanted to give me 5750 which was +EV for me from an ICM standpoint and he refused. We went back and forth once or twice each having a 5:1 chiplead over the other at some point and I pulled out the win. That puts me almost even on the month =] With rakeback I might even be up. Rakeback pro FTW!

On a couple final random notes: ePassporte still hasn't deposited into my account so I can't verify it and move cash around from site to site without assistance (trading) and I'm not sure how to cashout without it either which is an issue. Also, I haven't been playing a whole lot since my monitor died since it just really killed my motivation though hopefully I'll start-up again soon or at least do something productive with my life....nah.

No comments: