Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Shop At K-Mart

Online poker looks like it's hitting a real rough patch for a while. Mansion Poker said goodbye to the U.S. Market though if you have money on there already they still allow you to play. Click2Pay, one of the few processors left after Neteller founders got arrested and charged with money laundering under RICO, has also withdrawed. The upside is a lot of sites including some majors don't look to be going anywhere so as long as there is a place to play even donks will find a way to get money on. ePassporte is really the only choice at the moment leaving some sites such as Poker.com unintentionally leaving out the U.S. market by not accepting it. The law was proposed and I wasn't too worried until it passed the house, it got signed into law and I still wasn't too worried, PartyPoker left & it was no sweat but once enforcement started coming down on bullshit charges I began to fret and now it's clear why. This law was never meant to be enforced it was suppossed to be a political ploy. We're definetly heading into a dark period for online poker and everything involving it is going to become more difficult but at least we'll always have action. One can only hope this is orchestrated by gaming companies in the U.S. looking to buy the market cheap and then get the law repealed.

In other news my monitor died and my other monitor decided to start showing the same sign as the dead one did several months ago in a small yellow mark showing up in the upper left hand corner. I have the 3-yr warranty on them but now it will still take time and a few bucks to get them fixed and that's even if I don't get shit from Dell which I suspect I might. I have pressure marks on the dead one which doesn't bode well from me which is unfortunate, since I put them on there almost 10 months ago right after I got them because I'm a jackass. Everyone had always suggested the 2001FP from Dell for poker so now we'll find out how well there customer service and warranty really are. If it's good I'll upgrade to a 3007WFP soon.

I also had poker night at my house again last night which netted me a massive $10 in profits after rolling some prop bets and losing it on sports betting & getting the carpet cleaned. Betting drunken assholes they can't drink 3 bottles of beer out of the bottle in 30 seconds is +EV. Also, people can't not eat a teaspoon full of cinnamon so have fun making some money with that It's funny how a lot of the sober people get freaked out about the drunk people getting out of control when they weren't even close to me having to worry about them. Was there 16 year old girls present with an empty bottle of Jagermeister? Yup.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Please do not click on any links posted by Shoes.