Friday, January 26, 2007

Team FCUK owns and then some.

To elaborate on what Mr. Diamonds said in the post below we've got 3 out of 4 playing members in the top 15 (I think Cadderly has given up) and Team FCUK associate, Harry Wong (I kid you not), in the top 10.

Threeup and myself both final tabled last night. He came in the massive chipleader and I came in 3rd or 4th. Of course he picked on my blind every chance he could (jerk). I was down right forced to use level 5, a level that only comes out when playing someone who is actually good, to maintain some sort of defense. And as pathetic as that sounds, it was only defense I could muster. Kids, please don't try level 5 at home. Adults, use at your own discretion.

Also massive props to Mr. VoxGibson who was holding it down for Team Fcuk during the first two events.

But enough about that, let's get to the bad beats and complaining. After all, that's what you guys are here to read, right? Thought so.

First and foremost, Threeup up got flat out robbed last night. After dominating, and I do mean dominating, last nights tournament he gets it in vs some donk (2nd in chips) who, without using so many words, said "here threeup, take all my chips, please.". Then proceeds to hit runner runner while drawing to 2 outs to double up. Nice way to start a final table. Doom was inevitable.

I, of course, as usual managed to find a way to get it in from the button when the blinds have monsters. What else is new? I mean, do they ever not have aces? God forbid I get called by something I have beat when everyones M is like 4. Sigh.

Though, I should have expected it - everyone was so tight it was scary. Dude sits back and blinds away to 1BB, proceeds to get it in a million times to stay alive, then goes on a massive card rush to win the tournament. Is this the way? Should I ignore all logical tournament strategy? Should I just sit back, wait for aces, hope they don't get cracked and then give up 4 levels of blinds and antes to do it all over again? I don't know how people fold when totally committed with any 2 and then find a top tier the very next hand. I guess I'm not that luc.. I mean good.

If I sound bitter and disappointed, I am. I'm always irritated when I final table and don't win but I'm particularly annoyed that I couldn't squeeze at least a 3rd out of last nights donkfest.

The players were for the most part down right awful. I think the only thing that can surpass the inability of 90% of the field in terms of awfulness is the tournament structure. Unless you gain a massive chiplead, there's only play during the first third. From then on it's a lot of push/fold followed by some more of push/fold, with a middle round of guess what sort of donk he is before choosing to push or fold. All of that is topped off by, you guessed it, no, not push fold...all in or muck. Preflop.

Frankly, if the field wasn't so tight/bad, the tournament would finish an hour sooner. It might finish two hours sooner if it wasn't for all the pathetic stalling taking place. I can see how stalling is so beneficial because maybe just maybe the next hand will be aces and you'll quadruple up because we're all idiots and are going to call you. No, wait, the stalling is beneficial because you'll get an extra 50 points instead of trying to win an extra 300? No, that's not it. How about the stalling is beneficial because you can run the clock and the blinds will increase in fewer hands thus effectively killing the already small edge of a thinking player? That's the one.

Maybe that's the reason Gus Hansen has 4 WPT titles and I have none. Maybe he stalls.

No comments: