Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No one runs worse than me!

Well, maybe except ThreeUp.

I can't tell you how many times in the last 2 weeks he's spammed my AIM box with the oh so familiar phrase of "Sigh....set into set again". You'd think for someone who gets it in so often in set over set situations, he'd at least come out with the bigger set some of the time, right? Well, he's running incredibly bad now - I mean just ask him!

But kidding aside, the truth is, poker players, myself included, love to whine moan and complain when things don't go our way. Granted, some more than others but I've never met a single poker player who didn't claim to be the unluckiest person alive. Never mind the fact that those of us who log long, tedious days of grinding that $300 an hour don't notice that our play isn't up to par that day or perhaps has deteriorated over the course of several negative variance filled hours? Nah! W're just friggin unlucky! Right? Or maybe we're just incompetent and should hang up the mice, put away the ipods and immediately enroll in dealer school?

Do you know why Phil Ivey is (arguably) the best player in the world? It's not because he never plays badly or never has a losing day or has x-ray vision that allows him to see his opponents cards (not sure about this last one) - it's because the man can play his A game for more consecutive hours than I can count.

Which leads me into the whole reason I decided to write this post...

Gawwdddddddddd, I'm running bad right now!


Oh, and before you go, make sure to head over to The Poker Pub and show my boy Mike some love. He's down under bringing you all the sick beats from the Aussie Millions.

No comments: