Sunday, February 04, 2007

Why I'm smarter than you

This is a post going out to all my friends, and some other random people I don't know, who currently have tens of thousands of dollars stuck in NETELLER and won't be seeing them for quite some time - if ever!

You guys are idiots.

This is exactly why I have never kept money in NETELLER for an extended period of time. Ever. No, I don't have psychic powers or a crystal ball next to my naked girly desk pen, I have common sense. There is no denying that NETELLER was the most preferred, convenient and safest money transferring option but to be totally oblivious to the fact that they can abruptly exit the US market or suffer a worse fate would be downright naive - especially after what happened with Firepay!

To the people who cashed out a few days before they went down and have accidentally had their money frozen, you have my sympathy. To those who kept their funds in NETELLER, you were almost asking for it. Something like this is exactly the reason why I choose to keep most of my money on reputable poker sites rather than sitting in some E-Wallet. The benefit to this far outweighs the inconvenience of having to spend a little more time transferring money from one place to another and then to another rather than just buying chips directly. For example, if need be, I can at anytime (and have before I even knew what NETELLER was) request a check or EFT to my local bank and expect it by weeks end at most.

Now some people may say, why don't you just keep the money in your bank account and then buy chips when you need to? Well, I have a simple rule for that: any money that gets taken off line, never gets put back up. It's something that has been working for me since 2003. If the money leaves my online bankroll, it never goes back in and is usually spent on things I don't remember buying or daily trips to the nudie bar.

So what does all this mean? Should you just keep a bunch of money in random poker sites? No! Quite the opposite! There are very few sites that I trust enough to keep more than 10 buyins for whatever limit I'm playing. In fact, there are only two. In actuality, I either distrust or dislike the majority of poker places and am forced to play/keep money on there only because their players are worse than VoxGibson.

The two sites I have 100% faith in are: Poker.com & PokerStars. To my experience over the years, these two sites have led the way in honesty, integrity and security in the poker world and I trust them enough to hold my money no matter the amount.

Poker.com is a newish but very solid poker room. The dedication management shows to their players is second to none.

PokerStars has flat out the best tournaments and customer support in the business. And it's not even close. They also offer the quickest and easiest player to player transfer option, making them that much better.

I strongly urge all Poker players, professional or not, to open and maintain accounts with both of these sites.







So what about E-wallets and how do we get our money offline? Well, it doesn't look good.

So far I've been dealing with ePassporte and am very unimpressed with them. Briefly, they suck. They lack many of the convenient options that made NETELLER so great. The same can be said for Ecocard. The reason why everyone loved NETELLER was A) because it was accepted by just about everyone and B) support was easily contacted through various methods. Both ePassporte and Ecocard have proven to lack in these areas.

I'll be looking into a few other online processors such as MyATM and eWalletXpress but don't expect them to be much better than ePassporte. Here's to hoping that YouTeller comes along and saves the day for online poker.

Also, we'll have complete reviews of ePassporte and Ecocard posted within a few days or as soon as Threeup finishes writing them. I know he was supposed to have them up earlier but he just won the big HORSE tournament (Nice going bro!) on FTP last Sunday so he gets a get out of jail free card.

No comments: