Friday, January 19, 2007

Poker Players Alliance

Many of us are familiar with the PPA (www.pokerplayersalliance.com) their motto being "fighting for the rights of poker players" - I am getting the image this foundation was started by a group of kids who had trouble getting the square peg through the round hole. (it will work but requires alot of extra force). At one point i nearly donated my $25.00 to show support, now i am positive that money would have ended up in the G-string of some Topless performer named "candy" who is only doing whatever she can to pay for her PHD in child psychology.

Today is the first day i have visited their website in months, perhaps hoping for further information regarding the whole neteller hooplah, maybe a glimmer of hope; only to find the same information that has been there since the beginning, their news consists mostly of what pros they have joining this violent battle, and their assurance of "staying the course." I want Howard Lederer to convince me i should drink Canadian Club, I don't want him standing outside the white house for a few hours protesting and concluding "well at least we tried"

I want Wild Bill Hickock with each hand on the butt of his revolvers -
"do you really wanna do this? It doesnt have to be this way"

The first sign should have been when they started with "We want to tax and regulate the online poker industry" that shows weakness. I would have come out screaming, we're not going to stop, so if you want us to kick you a couple bucks here and there, make this as easy as possible on us, or blood will be shed!

Well enough of that for now, Lets get down to what you're all here to read (other than name calling and slander between Jay and his co-conspirators)

Something occurred to me this morning when i attempted to pour my coffee from the carafe into my coffee cup. Some of the coffee ended up in my cup, some on my shoe, and the rest (defying the laws of gravity) up my sleeve... This is not an unusual occurrence, but it did inspire my latest poker related theory... Perhaps variance, EV and all other poker related theory and math is just a way for us truly unlucky people to justify continuing to play poker... All this time thinking that "poker is a lifelong game" and some day the money will correlate with the odds, was a false and ignorant statement... Perhaps luck truly exists and we just refuse to latch on to the belief because we know how unlucky we are and to give in to the "actual" truth, we'd have to come to terms with the fact that people of our disposition should never touch cards, chips or anything of value...

Vox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.