Friday, January 26, 2007

Worst Poker Player Alive takes 3rd in opening event

I was supposed to blog about this awhile ago, but the only thing worse than my poker playing is my motivation to do anything in a prompt and timely fashion. Quite a few years ago i had the idea for an internet jukebox but of course i delayed on patenting the idea, perhaps i too hate money, recently i witnessed a man stuffing ungoddly amounts of cash into bags that he had emptied from one of these now popular machines - Thats Great Vox, keep grinding the microstakes while some ex-drywaller makes a killing off of an idea you had long before ipods.

I'm boring myself, so i'll address the title of this blog.

The First event of the Winter Championship was a Limit Hold'em event. I was quite exited by this because the buy-in was small which would mean lots of terrible play. I've been crushing small stakes limit hold'em games for quite some time, in fact its usually how i build a bankroll worthy of losing in an NL game. From the get go of this tournament I was top ten in chips and stayed that way for until my departure in 3rd place. I was however dissapointed in the structure, as I was 5th in chips with 200 people left and only had approx 10x the BB.

a key hand for this tournament occurent when we were down to two tables. I was being pounded on by my immediate right. Everytime i had the BB or the SB, and to make matters worse my cards had ran cold and i was getting nothing to fight back with. Finally I had to do something, I pick up a J2s in the BB, he is in the SB, he raises I'm down to about 5bbs I decide this is going to have to do... I called- flop comes all bricks, he bets, I called, Turn Brick he bets.... I raise - he folds, i repeated this process every time he attempted to raise my blinds until finally he stopped and actually began folding his sb to me...


My hopes and dreams for the WPT were destroyed two tournaments later when i was cold decked... won 2 hands in over 50.. once i stole, the other time i had AA on the button and it folded around... later with an m of 3 i pick up KK only to be taking out by AT all in... So without a miracle occuring in Omaha... i may cut my season short

No comments: