Saturday, January 27, 2007

Team FCUK doesn't own very much.

In fact, we suck. Or at least I do.

I'm sitting here disappointed in the way I played today. I misplayed 3 hands badly and they cost me the tournament. I think it was something mental...I was playing for points and not for the win which is totally contradictory to how I usually play. In fact, I think the overly conservative, point hungry style, is what caused me to go out before I should have. Let me explain:

Early in the tournament with blinds at 50/100 a very bad player limps UTG or UTG1. I make it 500 to go on the button with AQc. He calls. The flop is AA9 with two diamonds. He checks, I bet, and he instantly moves in on me. Okay, I think that I am way ahead. I really did. I thought he could make that play with a worse ace but also with 99, A9, but unlikely the flush draw. So it's another 9k to me for my tournament life...normally, when I have a read I go with it and I really wanted to call here but ended up folding because A) I wanted points and it was very early to risk my stack & B) I think I can outplay him later. He showed something like A6 and raked the pot. Poof. Golden opportunity squandered. With a 20k stack, I am far more dangerous at a donkinfested table than I am with a 10k stack.

Hand2: I flopped a open ender and should have check raised all in on some limp donk but again decided to pick a better spot because I thought he couldn't fold anything to save his life.

Hand 3: With 20k and 1k/2k blinds I pickup AQo in the BB. A donk open limps for MP, I immediately know he's weak. A retard completes from the SB. Now before I go any further, I played a pot with the aforementioned retard last orbit where it was folded around to her in the small blind, she completed to see a cheap flop and I of course reraised all in from the BB - standard anti donk strategy. She bitched and moaned and told me how I was predictable and how she knew how to beat me and just told everyone; then mucked. Okay, fantastic (more on this later). Back to the hand - I make it 7k more to go, I really should have just reraised all in and picked up the pot right there but again points got in my head. I wasn't sure that donk #1 wouldn't limp then call all in with 66 or something like that. I didn't want to flip. I'm an idiot. That was a huge mistake and one I shouldn't be making. Anyway, donk folds and retard calls. We see a flop of JTT. She checks. Now I think she checks any hand to me including the T the J, an underpair and anything else because she thinks I'm an aggressive maniac and wants to check raise me. What could she have limp called with? I have 40% of my stack in there. To be honest, I didn't rule out her having something idiotic like QJ, KJ, KT, QT, a small-mid pair, or a suited ace. I should probably have moved all in on the flop but I checked behind because I am an idiot.

I don't remember what the turn card was but it was something irrelevant to the board. She then sets me in for 14k more. Immediately I think call and here's why: I know she's really dying to check raise me or to get me to bluff at her but putting me all in won't accomplish either of that. If she led small, it would be a tougher decision. So I really think she has air here or a hand I have crushed like a A8. If she had the T, I see her checking on the turn as well. If she has the J, I see her leading the turn small because only the T calls. Clearly this is a call. Instead, I muck. She shows Q2 and I pat myself on the back for a stand up job of not being able to pull the trigger when I have drooljobs pegged as weak.

I went out A8 vs A5.

Threeup busted a massive stack when he get coolered with A4 vs A7 on a x47A board.

Vox didn't play.

Only way any of us are going to be seeing a WPT seat is if we win tomorrows event - a very unlikely thing. And with all the soft playing and collusion that I see or hear about in these tournaments, winning anything is that much more of a long shot.

But enough about how bad I am at poker, let's instead focus on how incredibly stupid and annoying the majority of the people playing in these things are. Take for example the retard from hand #3. I get moved to her table and immediately she starts talking shit to me because she's a retard who limps from sb when it's my bb and gets pushed on. I don't even know this person - I've seen her maybe three times in my entire life but apparently she has notes on me doing this to her in 4 other tournaments. Okay, fantastic. So if I do that, wait for aces of kings or whatever and call me. Yet she goes on and on about how predictable I am and how she's telling everyone how to beat me. Mind you this is coming from someone in a $25 tournament. Then another clown, who first felt it necessary to alert the table that had just busted from some freeroll, chimes in with something similar. Great, my play is being questioned by two morons who don't understand gap, m, or hand range concepts and play $25 tournaments.

I don't know what's more pathetic, that they're telling me I suck or that I'm talking about it on a blog. But the truth is, it gets irritating (and there are a lot of irritating people out there) when you're semi known on a small site and people go out of their way to say something stupid to you. If at least it was funny but they're just stupid. Flat out, down right stupid in the most direct way possible. I don't mind friendly trash talk, or funny trash talk, or even when someone who knows me tries to rile me up (fat chance cadderly, I'll just blog about how fat you are) but when people you don't know come and start asking you how much your bankroll is or how much you've won or lost today or asking if you're broke because you decided to play a $2 sit n go for giggles, it just gets to the point where you need to wish anal cancer on them and their children.

Of course then I'm the mean asshole. Well so be it. I don't claim to be a nice guy or even good at poker, but I refuse to take any lip from anyone who won't sit in a game with me. The next time you see me and I don't know you - keep your mouth shut, you incompetent retards.

No comments: