Sunday, January 25, 2009

You can be a spewtard too!

Booked my biggest losing session of the year in term of BBs today. How? I ship it in a lot. I started off my session spewtarding a bit and getting kind of owned and then this hand comes up.

Unknown in BBs first hand at the table, first hand I've ever played with him

$400.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, January 25, 2009
Table Ialmenus II (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: Pro Shortstacker1 ( $120.40 USD )
Seat 2: Weak Reg ( $650.65 USD )
Seat 3: Unknown ( $400.00 USD )
Seat 4: Hero ( $402.00 USD )
Seat 5:Average Reg ( $1060.80 USD )
Seat 6: Pro Shortstacker 2 ( $80.00 USD )
Weak Reg posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
Unknown posts big blind [$4.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 5d Jd ]
Hero calls [$4.00 USD]
Average Reg raises [$16.00 USD]
Pro Shortstacker 2 folds
Pro Shortstacker 1 folds
Weak Reg calls [$14.00 USD]
Unknown calls [$12.00 USD]
Hero raises [$66.00 USD]
Average Reg folds
Weak Reg folds
Unknown raises [$384.00 USD]
Hero calls [$330.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kh, As, Qc ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qd ]
Unknown shows [Th, Ac ]

Obviously calling it off with J5s far from ideal but don't really have a choice there. The limp preflop is obviously a misclick and after that the hand basically plays its self. Getting 3:2 odds you only have to have 40% equity and while we're 40% against the fast majority of his range we're occassionally dominated leaving our equity @ around 36% & assumming a range of JJ-22,AQs-A2s,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,ATo+ which I think is a bit harsh and I think our equity is closer to 38% which makes the play only slightly -EV in a vacuum. The image you garner though from making this call against a donk sitting directly on your right is worth much more then the few dollars in equity you give up. You don't mind donks getting deep stacks on your right since they play much worse deepstacked, he will view you as a total maniac and pay you off constantly, and you get massive tilt equity if you hit and he rebuys. I think most MSNL try to justify a lot of bad plays by citing metagame when the fact of the matter is most players can't adjust anyways but a spot this obvious is just asking for it.

So I brick that off and he proceeds to fire two barrels into my trips with a gutshot a few hands later, hit it on the river, and I make a bad push into him giving him yet another stack and he promptly leaves. Awesome.

Meanwhile on my other tables I'm still playing super aggro, and had been spewing to start the session but finally hit a run of huge starting hands to which everyone proceeds to open fold to me. Obviously shaping up to be a long session. No longer getting hands and having a spewtard image I'm forced to tighten up for a while and then once my image gets a bit tighter among the regulars I open back up and start trucking a bit. Then manage to make two flop c/rs overbets with marginal hands and run into monsters both times in situations where both were for value expecting any pair to call. So I grind it out some more and bluff raise a ton of rivers to make Jay proud including one super sexy one where I bust out the seldom used, double float on one of the best regulars at these stakes:

$400.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, January 25, \ET 2009
Table Ndola (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: Hero ( $682.45 USD )
Seat 2: Average Reg 1 ( $648.40 USD )
Seat 3: Pro Shortstacker ( $80.00 USD )
Seat 4: Spewtard ( $447.00 USD )
Seat 5: Good Reg ( $400.00 USD )
Seat 6: Average Reg 2 ( $429.10 USD )
Average Reg 1 posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
Average Reg 2 posts big blind [$4.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 9s 7s ]
Spewtard folds
Good Reg raises [$14.00 USD]
Average Reg 2 folds
Hero calls [$14.00 USD]
Average Reg 1 folds
Pro Shortstacker folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 4d, 3h ]
Good Reg bets [$25.00 USD]
Hero calls [$25.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
Good Reg bets [$68.00 USD]
Hero calls [$68.00 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]
Good Reg bets [$184.00 USD]
Hero raises [$368.00 USD]
Good Reg folds for $109 more

Obviously super advanced play and we both play good so don't try this at home. So I get to within the short of curlies of even on the session and then proceed to get sucked out on in some sick pots and drop 8 buyins in about 10 minutes and decide to just shut it down.

In other poker related shit I just made the switch from PT3 to HEM and while I haven't used it on the tables yet I have imported my hands on the year and toyed around with it and the stats this thing have are just absolutely amazing and it's so much better then PokerTracker it's not even a question of which you should get. I do think it operates considerably slow then PT but the wealth of information that is available is top notch even if the presentation could be cleaned up a bit.

My mouse also died right after I started a session so had to go get a new one. Picked up the Logitech G5 and while I'm not in love with the top of it yet & prefer the smooth finish of the MX518 the rest of it is pretty solid. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flowin like a mofo. nice blog...I'm sure that goodgirl bitch would comment, 'your blog is feel good' had a micro swing in similar fashion tonight, 50 % down and all back plus 25& so uhhhh yea, biochemist or not I still suck at math and poker.
-kotton