Monday, March 12, 2007

ReflectionDotcom

It's been a few weeks since my first and only post and I want to take this opportunity to reflect on my experiences in poker within the past few months.
First off I was fortunate enough to lucksack a win in one of the last $175 double shootouts satelites to the PokerStars Carribean Adventure (PCA). The entire experience was great. An 8k buy in WPT tourney,a world class resort, and the allure of getting drunker than a pledge at an alpha beta keg party. Anyway, I elected to play on day 1b as I wanted to get FCUKed up the first few days and check out the resort scene. My first full day in the Bahamas was interesting as I started drinking at 10AM and blacked out somewhere between 4-6pm. What I can remember in between was great. Riding highspeed waterslides with a blood alcohol content of .18 is obviously a great idea and a lot of fun. Apparently I pissed in public in broad daylight and probably was a 3:2 dog on getting banned from the entire resort but drew a miracle card on the river to avoid any trouble. The next day I awoke at 6am and it was my turn to play. I ventured into the enormous ballroom and it was a beautiful site. 500 degenerates just like myself geared up and ready to shoot off chips. Suprisingly I didn't feel nervous at all even though this was my first major live tourney and first World Poker Tour event. I just wanted to play solid poker and bust getting my money in good so I could get back to drinking and urinating in public. I was lucky enough to survive through day 1 and it took a two outer within the first 20 hands of the tournament for that to happen. Here's how it went down:

I had KK in the cutoff and opened standard. Villian 3bets button, had already 3 bet me once... he seemed like a true douchebag. The big blind was posting dead(player yet to arrive) so this was conducive to me raising and him 3 betting light in a resteal attempt. I decided to 4bet the kk like a retard. He called.

Flop came: T 3 3 two diamonds

I lead 3/4 pot, which put about 1/4 of my 20k chips in the pot at that time.
Villian douche moves all in for the full 20k. This was a huge overbet
I thought for about 30 seconds, was 75% going to fold, and said Fcuk it and called anyway. Obviously he showed two black aces.

Then boom! Turn comes king and ship it one time! I double up.

Although my first instinct was to fold I talked to numerous online pros(Guacho,Green Plastic) and many others and all said they wouldn't have folded.

I finished day 1 with 33k in chips and was up to about 55k at one point. Nothing exciting happened on my second day other than a few moves put on wsop main event final table participant Rhett Butler and the worst wsop bracelet winner in history Ted Lawson. I was extremely card dead on day 2 and busted in level 4, about 60 places out of the money. Overall definitely a good tournament experience.

After the 12 hour trip home I decided to take a more serious approach to poker and it has worked out well for me. I decided to switch to nl cash games and I have been doing very well at the 5/10 level. You'd be suprised at what a pokerstars avatar meant for homosexual males will do for your image. I credit all my recent to success to crafty image manipulation. You'd be surprised how much profit can be made convincing your opponents you're playing a lot looser than you really are. I have been meaning to incorporate the bigger buy in tournaments into my playing schedule as well but don't see that happening anytime soon. After all, not everyone can spike the sunday h.o.r.s.e. on a monthly basis (Sup ThreeUp). I also plan on making my way into nl hu cash games in the near future as that is where the most money can be made. Until then I will continue to move chips in 5/10nl 6 max cash games and write these blog posts for all the Team FCUK Groupies.


:ridetillyoudie

No comments: