Friday, March 23, 2007

The 1-2 experiment, legendary tilt and epic stars meltdowns.

March 1st, 2007 - As usual, Threeup up and I are insulting each other on AIM when then all of a sudden the following comes up: In all his stripper wisdom, the kid decides to bet me that I couldn't drop down in limits and stay there for an extended period of time.

Me? Not be able to do something? Is this guy kidding? You know it's on.

Now, normally, it's true that I wouldn't be able to play a month of 1-2. As per my usual poker degenercy and the reason for this blogs existance, I would be jumping around from 3-6 to 5-10 to 25-50 depending on my mood or how much I was stuck on the day...but when a guy lays down a dare you gotta take it. (I know, I know, cheesy 80's movie reference, sorry I couldn't help it.)

Fast forward to today, and after 20,000 hands of playing 1-2 exclusively I am up somewhere around 10grand. That is, uhh, until this morning.

Let's back track a bit to around 11pm when I decided to get ridiculously drunk with a friend I haven't seen in a while. Many many shots later, I come home in the early hours of the morning very very drunk and very very broke. Good thing I have the ATM of online poker at my disposal. After all, after about 44-45 hours of playing (6 tables @ 75hands/hr), I'm averaging ~222$ per 60minutes. (Imagine if I didn't suck?!)

It's cashout time baby!

So naturally I head on over to my pokerstars account, click cashier, and what's this? If I cashout my account balance will have an imperfection in it. It will be uneven. This simply won't do. Heading over to the 10-20LHE tables immediately.

10minutes later I'm down 40 bets. Is it even possible to lose 40 bets in 10minutes? Seriously. Time for 30-60. The beats don't stop. I'm down several thousand and I haven't even broken a sweat. I'm not playing well, I'm not sober. I refuse to quit. Time for 5000NL.

Now we're here, it's 8am and a buyin later I'm still broke, slightly more sober, and am writing this blog for your entertainment.

Normally, I wouldn't be so mad because, well hey, I do stupid stuff like this to amuse myself on a daily basis but this time there's a problem - I may have just been proven wrong by Threeup! I mean, does drunken idiocy count? I suppose it should? Furthermore, I was planning on going out tonight and spending an obscene amount of money on alchohol and personal entertainment...but now I don't have any.

Hey Threeup, double or nothing on April? I'll 20 table the hell out of 1-2!

Jay is sad.

No comments: