Monday, March 05, 2007

Kinda Hot Right Now

I did it again. I bent over the Sunday HORSE on FTP and made it my bitch. $6540 not bad for a few hours work. Final table had Ari (who I dislike for calling down with Q high in Razz a long time ago and being good) and Micon (who I dislike for personal reasons) at it but neither did much. BadgerDawg however took a 100k pot off me (with 300k in play in the entire tourney) by calling down with 5s in Stud8 which were obviously good to scoop. I don't know why I try to run plays like that since no one ever folds and they look like geniuses. Oh well. I ran well this time as oppossed to playing excellent like last time so I'm not complaining. More angry at myself then anything. I need to improve my game in the late-middle stages for LHE as it's clearly the one part where I don't have a large edge. I'm looking to improve that so I may continue tearing this up. I'm definitely thinking I need to make a point of playing the Stars and FTP HORSE every week but it probably won't happen.

In other news Bugsy's Club changed the 50+5 10k gaurantee Sunday freezeout to a 10k gauranteed 20+2 rebuy tourney so I'll no longer be playing there. I'm not a fan of rebuys and absolutely adored the 10k freezeout structure. It's a shame and hopefully they'll change it back soon.

Also I still crush silly @ low stakes PLO. I'm running very well in 1/2 and 2/4 though the sample size is still small. Can't wait to get in enough hands or enough knowledge to figure out what's truely sustainable but I'm positive it will be much more profitable then Hold`em despite not being able to see as many hands an hour. Also a lot more fun and less like work as I still am learning a lot about the game where as HE as felt like a grind for a long time.

Unpoker-related quips: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip has been put on hiatus by NBC which is a shame since it was the best show currently on TV. It's replacement The Black Donnelly's had a very good pilot and I hope both shows continue for many more seasons to come.

The Shield returned April 3rd. Best show ever.

I bowled well over average today but I still hate bowling. Have a good one.

No comments: