Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Break-even at it's best (worst?)


So like I promised I included a colorful graph for the blog. It's my graph for March so far using PT3 which is a big improvement over PT2. It confirms I do infact suck at poker. A litlte breakdown of what's going on in it.

Half of the hands are @ 5/10nl Full Ring (though I'll often play shorthanded or even headsup at full ring tables) and 45% are 3/6nl & 5/10nl 6max & 10/20nl FR with some misc. filling up the other 5 %.


Hands 1-11,000: I'm just not playing very well.

Hands 11,000-22,500: I'm now playing well but running well below equity in all-in pots and just running bad in the sense you can't quantify.

Hands 22,500-27,750: Variance evened out quick =]

Hand 28,400ish?: There was two donks and one pro playing 25-50 so I sat down to play. I played 3 hands and one of the donks bust and I decide I don't want to play 3 handed with the one pro but another pro(decent but I'd play shorthanded with) sits down and takes the BB from me giving me an extra hand for free. I misplay it and shoot off 4k =\

Hands 28,401-34,700: The grind as usual.

Hands 34,700+: Today. I honestly have no recollection of that nice uptick early on and actually started off by dropping 5k in my first 30 minutes. I couldn't sleep this morning (yes I sleep during the day be jealous) and decided I really want to condition myself to be able to grind well for long hours whenever so I decided to boot up. I played for like 6 hours to essentially break even with a nice 8k swing and a bunch of 5k swings during the session to end down like $167.50 and a couple thousand below equity. Oh well. I get a little sleep and end up booting up again and the games are good. I end up 14 tabling as the 15th table was on a smaller site and shorthanded and the software was just too big of a pain to keep going. I feel I played pretty damn good. I have a ton of meta-game with a really LAG (by full-ring standards) on Stars who love to float and call me down light constantly which results in me triple barreling air and shoving second pair and so forth against him. I think he feels he can outplay me because I'm the other really loose player and play a style which many view as donkey I'm sure because of my aggression in certain spots. Money doesn't lie though as he's shipping more my way then the other way but today was his day. He floated with Q high on a K high board picked up a flush draw on the turn and got there on the river as I shoved sensing he was really weak on the flop due to his timing. He rounded out the night picking up AK against AQ in a blind war though admittedly I misplayed it.
I ended up having to close down tables because I didn't have reload cash and nothing upsets me like that so I called a session shortly after but not before I shoved into Aces knowing it was a horrible shove =\ I'm a donk.

A couple other hands against my Stars nemesis:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2254675

I can't articulate it in a very logical breakdown of the hand but with our history and how he plays he's never leading for that amount with a hand he'll call a shove with. If he does he's calling my incredibly light and I'll adjust but was definitely a good spot to shove.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2254716

Why check the turn? Because he'll do stupid stuff like shove everything even a set and even he can't call 100% of the time if I push.

A really interesting hand which was really fun.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2254784

Played was kind of new to the table so didn't really have any reads. My hand is pretty face up on the river as being a top pair or jacks type hand I felt. That said I felt his range was the same. I really was never getting him credit for the 6. It was obviously a possibility but I didn't give it more then a 10-15% probability he had a 6 or better. I had him on a 9T, TJ, JJ type hand and was really considering he might have JJ since I was running bad though he doesn't show aggression earlier in the hand at any point and is now making an incredibly thin shove against someone without history so had to conclude he has a TJ type hand often enough to call. I actually like his play except I'm a donkey call station. I think I should utilize it more except I'm viewed as so reckless I get called all day here. Maybe I should tighten up in some spots.


Anyways made a few plays I wasn't happy with and ran horrible and just constantly feel like I'm playing break even poker despite being up a very respectable amount this year. I've got other shit to ramble on and on about but I'll save it for another post and keep this one poker related.

:Shipmetothegluefactory

1 comment:

pokerfiend said...

IMO you need more 22.5k-27.5k and less 34k+.

Breaking even/losing over a long span of hands sucks, but I guess we all have it happen. At least you can take solace in the fact that you are not FGators :).