Friday, February 13, 2009

Absinthe, Live Poker PWNS Me, Online <3 Me

So I bought 5 bottles of Absinthe (no I have never drank it before, but felt 5 liters was a good amount to dip my toes in with). Have not really touched it yet, just a couple shots and can't tell you what I expect yet, should be alright though.

Live poker.... I am down like 9000$ playing live in the last 10 days (a couple 1K tourneys and a couple 300$ buyins and 2-5 cash games)

I went real deep in an Omaha tourney at Cherokee for the Oklahoma State Championships of Poker. 140 players and we get down to 19 players (14 pay) and this hand occurs (tell me how unlucky I am)

First the scope of the table. I was big stack early, lost a lot of chips was then a shorty then caught a little fire to become a top 3 stack with about 80K in chips (600ish in play) so I am very healthy vs the avg stack. An asian lady on my table who barely has me covered. All others are fairly short with not much room to play post flop.

Me and the Asian lady are literally just raping blinds (currently 800 1600) (40 minute levels so we are about 9 hours in) We are opening about 60-70% of the pots combined and very rarely in pots together.

She opens in early to 5600 (pot bet) I just flat with 5d 6d 7x9x both blinds fold. I am in position now HU.

Flop Ac 3d 4d

She pots for 13,600 and I repot it to 50 something leaving me about 25 behind.

NOW we have been opening A LOT of pots.... Only hand she can call me with here is AAXX, I dont think she can tangle for our stacks and positions in the tourney with even 33XX (44 she can ruling out my AA) (also not that I think 333 is a possibility so just speaking that for no reason) AdXdXxXx I think she ends up mucking also..

So she pauses for a second and moves in with of course, AAXX (when she flipped her hand up I thought she had diamonds too but only had one)

SO I am still in fine shape, virtually a flip and I might be a slight fav...

Turn 9c river 10s..... sick.....

I bust out of the money and give a great stack away, she ends up winning the tourney atleast.

Then I play the Heartland Poker Tour and I make a deep run, no cash but a deep run, just barely miss the cash, blinds move so quick in this tourney. I am very proud of myself for not snapping earlier in the tourney. By the time blinds were 500 1000 with a 100 chip ante I never had over the start stack, then FINALLY I cross 15K then lose back down to about 12K soon after. I was 3 outted 3 of 4 times I was in a turn them up pre situation, battling short(er) stacks trying to get going and some how only catching fair cards vs them.

I hold AK over KQ once to give me my biggest stack to blind ratio at 16ish!

Anyways blinds are 2500 5000 with a 500 chip ante when I bust. I have about 30K in chips and move in with 77 in mid and find JJ to cut me down to 5800 chips so I am in the next hand when UTG ships it in I come in all others fold I am vs QQ flop A J 3 with 1 Diamonds ( I have 56d) I ask for the 4d and the turn falls, 4d.... But I brick the river and bust about 15 from the 50 they paid roughly. Winner takes 127K and some change, but it wasn't for me I guess.

Then in a Stud HiLo tourney at Cherokee for the State Championships of Poker again, this tourney pulls a REALLY small field, but still the blinds are 40 minute levels and we start with 6000 chips. A massive field of 26 players came to fight for the ring and the cash. I literally have over half the chips with 10 left, running really well... But had been drinking since the start ( 9 hours in now) with 5 left and I spew every chip I have away to bust in 5th place lol. Not that winning was life changing, but 3700$ wouldn't hurt especially when I am sitting in an insanely good position to do so, and you got a gold ring, which I could lock up in my safe for personal satisfaction.

2-5 has been just brutal for me for the last 2 weeks. I seriously can not make a hand, find a hand, hold a hand, steal a hand or anything. It is just brutal. So I am stuck about 1200 BB in the past 6 or 7 sessions. Not good at all, variance is a bitch.

Doing great online though, which I am extremely thankful for. Keeps my motivation up atleast.


In 1938 Time Magazine named Adolf Hitler "Man Of The Year"

No comments: