Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Online Poker......

Online Poker USA

Is skating on thin ice with me.

It is just so up and down. When you are running bad on a site you are running so bad that you can't even win a hand in the gaps. Given I know I run good sometimes, and my good outweighs the bad, but I just can not stay focused to be profitable as much as I should be.

Yea I whine about online poker a lot, this thing that has put well over 6 digits through my bank in 2 years when I have nothing but a high school diploma and a couple semesters of college.

I need another hobby, so I bought an off roading vehicle a "Samurai" which will give me something to do. This should be fun, used to offroad in a a couple friends trucks when I was younger, nothing more fun. Now I have a truck meant for it, it was actually cheap too, got it for 1500$. Can't wait to find a warm day to use it.

Get my DL back in about 4 weeks, when this happens I think I will actually be able to focus online and live. I think I am just burnt out.


I am down like 9K in the past 24 hours. Some on Full Tilt some on PDC. Played HU with 2 guys today on PDC, one I get AK make 30$ to go popped to 110$ by him flop K 2 3 withj 2 hearts he bets I just elect to call turn another heart he bets I shove he holds AA clearly. Then I 3 bet another guy pre with AQ flop Q 5 6 he holds 66 nh gg. Couldn't catch a break at all today, stole every pot I won almost firing 3 bets, and making one hero call with 56 on a 445210 board for almost my whole stack.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my spirits are low right now, but it has happened before and it will happen again. Being on the downfall is never a high point.


So the new life gameplan?

Going to slow down a lot, drop limits again, be happy to make 3-5K a month + any lucky scores I stumble into which happen all at once for some reason. Get back into college, perhaps finish up there. Play more live poker, have something to do each day besides wake up and play poker from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep, not a very fulfilling life. Time goes too fast to do this, just want to do something more, but not headed in the right direction to do that. Someone lead me in the right direction!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you only had my image on the tables you'd be a millionaire 8)
-kotton

Anonymous said...

hey jim,

i think you are on the right path man. go back to school, play poker casually just to sustain your lifestyle, try to limit the big, stupid spendings too and you will be shocked as to how much more money you will have for "basic" needs. After college, find something you want to do, work your way up move to a big city and just live your life man. you will be happy.

-pete