Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It just snowed in New York.

So I guess that means it's time for an update.

It's 5am, still dark, and as I'm looking through my window at the city covered in light snow two things come to mind: I love New York and I can't wait to go drifting tomorrow.

It's funny, I don't like the extremely humid New York summers or the really cold New York winters but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. I guess you can say I'm a New Yorker at my very core. With that said, I've been informed of an interesting business opportunity that would see me moving to Canada for a minimum period of six months so I'm sitting here and debating.

Will I be able to tolerate Canada for six months? What if it's longer? And more importantly, will Canada be able to tolerate me?

Meanwhile Threeup suggested that we throw down half a mill for a mansion in South Carolina. Live like kings and throw wild parties with topless coeds in pools of Crystal. Yeah, settle down there P Diddy.

But on to important things like...Valentines Day. To no one's surprise I don't have a valentine (See post below entitled "Why my girlfriend isn't very smart). I did however receive a congratulatory phone call. It came around 12:05am. My friend John decided it would be a good idea to call me up and wish me a "happy Valentine's" all while he was laying in bed with his Girlfriend.

I hate my friends, I really do, but I have to admit it was pretty funny (and disturbing at the same time).

But enough about all that, this is a poker blog right? Poker has been at a stand still. It was pretty much break even until I went on a mini rush for a few sessions and of course forced myself to play everyday. If you're thinking to yourself something along the lines of "well that can't be good" or "you're an f'in idiot" you'd be right. I played more tables than I could handle when not at peak and as a result played extremely poorly for the last couple of days. Add in that I wasn't running well and that's a recipe for disaster:

Yep, I broke even. Fantastic. I hate myself.

See, this is what happens when you have no real cashout method. Instead of forcing myself to donate all profit, I could have cashed out and bought a Rolex.

Speaking of Rolex, Threeup has been talking about buying a USED one for quite some time now. Who the hell buys used watches?! Okay, "pre-owned", whatever. But seriously, the idea grosses me out. If you've ever bought a used watch, please reply in the comment section.

No comments: