Sunday, February 18, 2007

No Poker. Just movies.

Things haven't been going well in my personal life during the last week... and while I won't get into the exact details, it has been having a severe affect on my poker. My head is just not in it and once again I shot off because of a lack of concentration.

I've decided to take a break and thus had a chance to catch up on some movies:

Freddy got fingered - A must watch for Tom Green fans but far from excellent. I'm a fan of Tom Greens earlier work and not so much his latter stuff which unfortunately this movie happened to have a lot of. It definitely started off slow and I was almost forcing myself to keep watching for the first twenty minutes but it does pick up afterwards and has some genuinely funny lines/scenes. Rip Torn's character was without a doubt the funniest thing about the movie and Torn plays the character very well. Overall, it's in no way a comedic masterpiece but for fans of Tom Green or alternative comedy it's worth watching once. Everyone else feel free to skip it.

Fantastic 4 - What a piece of crap. This movie is not watchable, not even for fans of the comic/cartoon. No, make that especially for fans of the comic/cartoon. The acting is poor, only the dude who plays the human torch did a decent job. Everyone else involved in this movie should leave it off their acting resume. Mr Fantastic and The Thing are not likeable at all. The plot is stupid. Basically the only redeeming thing about this movie was that The Invisible girl was attractive. Watching paint dry would be more entertaining than this movie. Not even worth a rental.

Hard Candy - By far the most entertaining movie out of the three listed here and I'm not even sure if I liked it. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a thriller or a drama or what but for a thriller it definitely had too many predictable parts. That's not to say that there weren't any surprising twists and turns at all, but they were fewer than I would have liked. The writing was far from perfect, with some scenes that were unrealistic and a disappointing ending. The acting, however, was relatively good for the most part and that alone makes it worth watching. If you plan to see this flick, be prepared for some uncomfortable scenes.

No comments: