Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Greedy

Gawwwwwwwwwd.

Yesterday's entry:

Just played all night to book a $1500 win. Sigh. Should have been like $2500 instead. Played B to B- all night. I am officially off my heater. I was on fire from July 3rd or whichever was the first day I played after my birthday until around the 17th. I ran very hot...I haven't run that hot in a long long time. In fact, I haven't had a loser since july 1st.

Today things went a different direction...flopping lots of draws and bricking all of them. Very swingy day...+1500, even, +1500, down $500, +1500 and I finally quit. I probably should have quit earlier but I'm so greedy I couldn't let myself walk away with a lousy $1500 day.

Games are great. The players are so bad it's laughable.

Kid insta calls off w/ khigh flush draw + 1 over for 150bb+ push on flop...I obv have flush draw and gutter and 4bet AI. Riv flushes out...clearly rigged.

I did steam for a little bit but I'm working on keeping it to a minimum.

Today:

Of course not booking a loser again for the entire month wasn't happening. -$1200 or so. But at least I feel some emotion right? I Fcking hate booking losers. Can't stand it...and today shouldn't have been one.

Started off dropping 7-800 then getting it back, then dropping 1500, then getting it back. Then finally after many many hours (and I have played a ridiculous amount of hours in the last few days) I was up like $500? hahaha. I am so greedy. Of course I can't stop at such a pathetic mark so I play more...except by this time I am so burned out I don't care enough to pay attention. Not to mention I am paying for running like a god for the first half of the month by running like god hates me now.

Flopping monster draws and bricking, people not pairing anything when I have it and of course picking bad spots to bluff.

Also running bad, for some reason or another, turns me into a hyper aggressive maniac (even more so than usual) so I end up giving money away. Makes me want to puke. I've been playing HU vs a bunch of weak tight players...they're so bad it's almost criminal to play them...but of course I can't dumb my game down enough so I end up bluffing of and then steaming because they won't put a penny into the pot without the nuts.

Playing vs weak tights is extreeeeeemely boring. It's profitable and nearly variance free but it's just so irritating. If you've read this blog, you know the only time I actually enjoy poker is when I play HU vs tough, creative, opponents that force me to think and adjust. Threeup and I agree that it's where I excel. Getting creative vs weak tight retards (which I obviously tend to do because of shear boredom) is just asking for disaster.

I dislike dumbing down my game but it's something I'd work on if there was reason. The truth is games will only be getting tougher in the future so it's probably something I won't soon need anyway.

It's kind of sick that I feel much more comfortable in tough games than easy ones...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your next entry.