Friday, November 20, 2009

Life tilt: The Aftermath.

Okay, so now that I'm a bit settled...I'll recap this last month as best I can because honestly....the only thing I remember is spewing 60k away yesterday.

Briefly the good?:

I've been playing high? again...I no longer know whats defined as high stakes or mid stakes or what's defined as nosebleeds or what. So for all effective purposes...I've just been playing where money changes hands quickly...25-50 deep, 50-100, etc.

Yay!

Surprisingly, I've been winning... usually I either run like absolute hell @ 50-100 or get owned by people who are actually good. So because no one I've been playing is actually any good...I've won until...

Enter Jerry.

For information on Jerry, see the hands I posted for dudu below because apparently he doesn't know how to use the copy/paste feature of windows.

So...Jerry. HOW DOES SOMEONE FLOP A PAIR+DRAW 80% OF THE TIME IN 4BET POTS? Someone explain this to me and teach me how to do it.

I'm obviously not going to go into in-depth strategy discussion...but we've played what I'm guessing is 6 "matches"...with him winning 3 and I winning 3.

Current stats:
15860 hands
-$30,120.35
EV-Adjusted: -2209.36.

yeah, so I'm running good obv...but that's not really the problem. The problem is this: he handles tilt better than I do. In fact, he's probably gotten me to shoot off/make a dumb call or play....for about 25k give or take.

Yesterday: We played a ton of hands in two matches....at least 5k hands...probably more. First session I won 25k and busted his account. An hour later he came back and we ended up playing for what seemed like at least 10 hours. During the 2nd session, there was never a point where I was up, but I was within 5k of being even (20k up from sesh 1) 5 different times...and 5 different times I wanted to quit because I was tired and frustrated...but if you've been reading this blog...you know I have problems quiting even when I know I should....so It goes back and forth for an eternity until the wheels completely fall off and not only do I shoot off the 25k I won, but another 35k on top of that.

Then of course, I immediately hate myself and quit before I fall off the chair and pass out. Not a good startegy.


He's handling it much better than I am for two reasons:

1. Fatigue - Its been so long since I've played any sort of super marathon HU sessions or any marathon poker sessions in general...that I'm getting tired when we roll over past hour 6. Fatigue is horrible, it puts you into a) robot mode, b) makes you do dumb stuff. All Jerry does is play super long marathon heads up sessions and so he's better prepared to handle it.

2. Tilt factor - I don't think I've gotten him to tilt yet...probably because I keep getting it in ahead and losing or behind and losing...he's been a bit steamy but he hasn't been spewing off to me like I'd expect...but he has gotten me to shoot off a few times. Again, this happens deep into the match so I think it has a lot to do with fatigue.

The clear answer is play short sessions...however, if I opt to play short sessions, where he's stuck 3-4 buyins and then I quit for the day...he will just go and spew it all off to someone else...thus I will cost myself that golden oppertunity when he tilts off 50k....However he's been sort of quitting when he's dropped 4-5buy ins...then cooling off and coming back. So maybe short sessions would be the way to go...we'll see.

Sigh.

I think I'm down on the month now.

Disappointed in myself.

Probably taking weekend off and going to AC.

FML

J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tilt off 50k?? it was actually 55k to moosey :P