Monday, May 19, 2008

Two Updates in One Day?

This blog is obviously blowing up huge. So like Jay mentioned I took a shot @ 500/1k HORSE and did pretty well. Unfortunately, I dropped 40k yesterday in very short order playing 1k/2k but I'm still up a fair amount in nosebleed HORSE for those who care. Unfortunately the variance is too high for me to continue playing it. While I could continue to grind and take shots I really feel the money is better used investing in things other then poker though I hope to be a staple in these games in a couple years. Interesting notes about the games:

1) The line-ups are often a lot softer then 200/400 games running @ the same time.
2) Since playing in it a lot of high limit pros have given me some respect and offered a lot of help in improving my game which is really nice.
3) The games don't play as aggressive as I thought they would. I mean they play aggressive but I thought they would play extremely aggressive, which was not the case except from a few players (EURO32PLYR & SteveSung come to mind)

The actual grind has been boring though in between such shots since when you're swinging up over 100k over the course of a few days or dropping 40k in an hour grinding 5/10nl seem kind of insignificant. I realized I was really autopiloting when talking to another regular about how "spewy" I am. It's true but honestly it's not in the spots most of the people tell me it is. But because of this conversation, I've decided to try to tighten up a few of my spew spots and really start focusing hard and studying again. Despite dropping 40k yesterday, I'm in as good of a mood as I've been since moving back to the cultural Sahara in which I currently reside and it's almost all because my outlook on the game continues to improve.

You can improve incredibly quick in this game. I remember during the Party days I thought ZeeJustin was living the life with an hourly of $300 and that if I could make just $200 I'd be content and just do that for the rest of my life. Well since going broke and focusing on improving my hourly rate has been considerably higher then that and perpetual greed continues though I focus more on wanting to improve then what the effect on my bottom line is. What is possible in this game constantly amazes me.

I still get no respect for even being decent by any regular @ 2/4 - 5/10nl though but Cole South likes my game so fuck em ;)

Halfrek who won the $1000 & $2500 FTOPS events for over 800k combined has almost inspired me to go back to donkaments but not quite. Absolutely sick results though. If you check his pokerdb he wins 4.33% of tournaments he's played. Unreal. Speaking on donkaments I'll be playing the HPT Detroit (June 6-8th), and events #22 ($3k HORSE) & #26 ($1500 Razz)@ the WSOP (June 11th-15) for sure and possibly some events later on in the series so if you don't suck @ life and want to buy me a drink and/or a lapdance feel free to leave one.

Good luck @ the tables.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just wondering, but you ever play at Foxwoods in connecticut?