Friday, August 22, 2008

Will you be my friend?

So one of my favorite sites (CarbonPoker, don't ask) used to have this great little feature...like a buddylist where you could put people on it and track their games. Think of it like a fishfinder...it was a work of genius. A simple double click on a fishys name and their donk transmittor would alert you to their location. I loved.

Of course anything good has to immediately be destroyed...yup they got rid of it and instead put together and irritating and clumsy friends system. The thing is awful and I'm so spoiled by the buddylist, that I refuse to use it. You basically have to request friendship from people and have them accept in order to track their location. I can't be bothered.

My friend Dan, however, has been relentlessly asking every fish he could find to be his friend! He msged me the other day with "this is great, 5 fish agreed to be my friends." I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes.

Of course, the day this thing came out, half the site started requesting my friendship (and for good reason since I've been donating for no reason), so I had to immediately block all requests.

No. This fish will not be your friend!

No comments: